Interior design

I moved to a studio apartment. It's 375 sq ft, the smallest apartment I've ever lived in.

I came to town with only what possessions could fit in my parents' minivan, so I did need some new furniture.

The Goodwill in my town is amazing. Through thrifting and a lot of Home Depot trips, I turned an empty space into a cozy one.



Design style: eclectic, maximalist, shabby-chic
Color palette: baby blue, blush pink, gold
Budget: ~ $300

Shipping costs: two separate truck/van rentals, $100 and $20 (UHaul and Home Depot, respectively)

Biggest item spend: $40 peel and stick wallpaper
Other big spends: $20 dresser, $20 bookcase, $20 kitchen hutch, $10 replica of The Swing, $15 gold frame for the Bear Dance poster I already had
Best little spends: $2 mid-century modern desk, $3 wire frame chair, $15 green suede rocking/swivel chair, $3 cedar-lined trunk, $2 chair, $1/each glasses, $1/each lamp shades
Best free finds: 2 3x4 Ikea cube shelves, hairpin legs, garage storage shelves, wooden doors
Best gifts from friends and family: porcelain knobs, oven mitts, dog-themed towels, TJ Maxx gift card



Photos and further explanations coming soon!

Design inspiration sources:









Comments

Popular Posts