Pizza, Pizza, Pizza

Chicken and fresh mozzarella, with jar sauce and the quick/easy dough recipe. 


Sausage and banana peppers with jar sauce and the DeLallo crust. 


Frozen turkey meatballs, homemade sauce and fast/easy pizza crust.

*Pizza photos listed chronologically. 

I am unabashedly OBSESSED with perfecting the homemade pizza. I've researched different flour types, read multiple recipes, experimented with sauces, cheeses, and toppings.

CRUST


CHEESE

I prefer fresh mozzarella, and I usually find good deals on it at Aldi's. I slice it thin and distribute the chunks. For good measure, I also like to add a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan. 

SAUCE

I'll use whatever jar of sauce is on sale, but lately I've learned the magic of making your own sauce from scratch. Just some olive oil, canned diced tomatoes, garlic and some salt and herbs. It only takes about 15 minutes to make, but it's so much better fresh. I use NYT's marinara sauce recipe

In their own words: 
Homemade marinara is almost as fast and tastes immeasurably better than even the best supermarket sauce — and it's made with basic pantry ingredients. All the tricks to a bright red, lively-tasting sauce, made just as it is in the south of Italy (no butter, no onions) are in this recipe.

TOPPINGS

Here's where I have the most flexibility, though I also have some favorites, namely: 
  • Sausage, bannana peppers, and mushrooms
  • Meatballs
  • Fresh peppers and pepperoni



Comments

Popular Posts