Christmas cook swap







King Arthur gingerbread recipe + Wilton marshmallow fondant + corn syrup + (vodka + food coloring) = unforgettable Christmas cookies.

I only had one cookie cutter to work with (the snowflake), so I used a pint class to make the circular cookies. From there, I relied on my water color skills to make the cookies still look pretty.

I used the same cookie cutter and pint glass for both the cookies and the fondant. It worked because the cookies expand just a little when they bake. A light brush of corn syrup helps the fondant stick to the cookie.

Vodka and food coloring combine to make a water color-like paint you can brush onto fondant. I had to be careful though - too much liquid would cause the fondant to dissolve.

I loved the combined taste of soft, sweet fondant with chewy, spicy gingerbread. This might be my new go-to Christmas cookie.




Comments

Popular Posts